Swivel Tongue Jack
- Crank handle counter-clockwise to retract.
- Pull out on the swivel handle/locking pin and rotate jack to stowed (horizontal) position. Be certain the swivel handle/ locking pin completely re-engages the swivel plate.
To engage jack (rotate the jack from horizontal, stowed position to vertical, operating position):
- Pull out on the swivel handle/locking pin and rotate jack to operating (vertical) position. Be certain the swivel handle/ locking pin completely re-engages the swivel plate.
- Extend jack by cranking jack clockwise.
- When jack reaches the end of its travel, do not force handle. To do so will result in damage.
|Important:||When maneuvering trailer with weight on the jack, keep the jack cranked to the lowest possible position to avoid unnecessary strain.
Avoid rolling the jack over rough or soft surfaces.
|CAUTION: Use of the jack without the swivel handle / locking pin completely engaged could result in the trailer tongue suddenly dropping.|
Protect the plated finish of exposed parts by keeping jack clean and periodically applying a coating of wax.
With weight off the jack:
- Remove gear cover clip and remove gear cover by carefully prying open both sides at the same time.
- Remove pin holding bevel gear to top of screw.
- Carefully remove inner tube assembly. Do not attempt to remove screw from inner tube.
- Lubricate screw by working grease into entire thread.
- Reassemble inner tube assembly.
- Replace pin holding bevel gear to top of screw and grease bevel gears.
- Replace gear cover and clip.
|CAUTION: This jack is not for highway use. Never tow trailer with a load on the jack.|